Dear Uptown Eye Care Community,
As of Tuesday evening, March 18th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community. Uptown Eye Care will follow this advice as suggested.
Please be assured that we at Uptown Eye Care are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
What does this mean?
- If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 19th. We will be notifying our patients and likely calling you in the next week or two to begin rescheduling.
- If you need to replace glasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please contact us and we will assist you in obtaining what you need until you can come in for a visit.
- If you need a repair on your glasses, need to order something or need to pick up your order, please call us to work out an appointment to take care of this. We will not be open for walk in visits.
- If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, or if you are home bound, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors.
- If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 1-763-271-2020 and wait for instructions at the end of the message. One of our Doctors will help you as we always have in the past.
In these times of unrest, we wish you and your family health, safety, peace and unity in your time together.
I also want to share my personal favorite quote:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
— Drs. Happ, Gregory and Uptown Team