Updated: February 28th, 2022
We hope you and your family are enjoying good health. Our community continues to cope with the effects of the ongoing pandemic, however we are optimistic about the current trends.
One thing that has not changed is our commitment to your safety. Infection control will always be a priority for us. Our office follows the recommendations made by the American Optometric Association (AOA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
On February 25 the CDC published new criteria by which they rate the impact COVID-19 has on a community. The impact is rated based on 3 main criteria:
- The number of new COVID hospitalizations.
- The percentage of hospital beds occupied by COVID patients.
- The number of new cases in the community.
Based on these factors each county will be rated as Low, Medium or High.
When Sherburne and Wright counties are listed as low or medium we will not require masks to be worn in our clinic. We recognize that some individuals may still choose to wear masks out of personal preference or because of a health condition they are in the high risk category.
If Sherburne or Wright counties move to the high risk level we will return to requiring masks be worn by everyone in our clinic. In addition, we ask:
- If you are experiencing any signs of respiratory illness please reschedule your visit.
- If you have tested positive for COVID in the previous 5 days we require that you reschedule your appointment.
- If you have had contact with someone that is COVID positive we ask that you wear a mask while in the clinic.
If anyone prefers to work only with masked staff members you can simply make that request at check-in and we will happily comply.
We will continue to have hand sanitizer available throughout the clinic, follow diligent disinfecting procedures in all areas of the clinic and allow room for social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing your smiling face again.
For questions or to make an appointment please call 763-271-2020.